Whether you are adult, teenage, or an old aged, knee pain has become very common in any age group. Remember those baby days, when mothers give massage on our tiny legs and knees to make them stronger. We cannot deny the fact that these precious knees are those who were bruised and battered during our childhood days from playing on mud and cycling.
Our knees have contributed our childhood days with unconditional love and fulfilled our childhood with an amazing experience. We simply want to keep those knees as strong as they were in our childhood days.
It seems like we never took knee pain much seriously, and think of it’s a minor problem, but it can get to you. Sometimes the swelling, redness, and ache will restrict our body and lower the morale.
Why it is present?
We cannot predict it and claim it; knee pain could be at any age. The reasons where knee pain develops could be; sudden injury, an overuse injury, or by an underlying condition, (arthritis). Arthritis is a disease which causes inflammation and stiffness in our joints, we have already discussed it in our one of the article (home remedies for arthritis) which might help you in curing arthritis.
5 Yoga Poses for Curing Knee Pain
Whether you do it or whether you live it. We actually want you to do these 5 Poses of “YOGA” which will strengthen and stretch your knees and also be an effective way to cure your knee pain.
1) Mountain Pose (Tadaasana)
Improves human Standing posture, Strengthens thighs, knees, and ankles, increase awareness, Stabilize breathing, also increase strength, power, mobility in the feet, legs, and hips, etc.
- Stand straight on the floor /Ground and take a small gap between the feet.
- Start deeply breathing (inhale), raise both arms.
- Keep arms upward by interlocking the fingers.
- Now come on the toes by raising heels simultaneously.
2) Supported Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
The pose will help increase blood flow to the lower body and strengthen the quadriceps, hamstrings, and abductors.
- All you need to make your body pose in a typical chair pose and practiced away from the wall.
- To start it, place your feet hip-distance apart.
- Lean your body back up against a wall and slide down. (Keep in mind to be in this pose until your knees and ankles are parallel with each other).
- While doing this you can state your hand on thighs or reach the arms towards the ceiling.
- Initially, hold this pose for a few breaths and repeat it accordingly, once your legs get stronger you may increase the number of breath you hold for this asana.
3) Supported Bridge Pose (Setu Bandasana)
This asana (practically the finest example), from yoga which helps to align the knees perfectly during strengthening our back, glutes, and hamstrings.
- Lie down flat on your back and with bent knees.
- Also, keep in mind to walk your feet towards your bottom till you touch your heels with your fingertips.
- Place a block horizontally on the floor between your feet which will help you keep everything in place.
- State your navel inside towards your spine and press the body lower back into the ground.
- You may tuck your tailbone in and lift the bottom from the ground level.
- You can also add a chest stretch within this asana, meanwhile, you can do simply with above-mentioned steps and hold up and increase this pose with experience.
4) Triangle Posture (Trikonasana)
A common issue (suffering from knee injuries or weakness), as our outer part of quadriceps and the inner part quadriceps; this pose will strengthen the muscles which will support inner quad.
- To begin with, this Trikonasana stands at the top of the mat with feet hip-distance (apart) and arms at your side.
- Step ahead your feet wide apart, about 4-5 feet
- Next to turn your right foot out 90 degrees so that the toes are pointed to the top of the mat.
- Later, pivot your left foot a little inwards.
5) Child’s Pose (Balasana)
This asana is a gentle knee stretch that can be intensified the closer and you can move the bottom towards your heels part. The relaxing posture, Child’s pose will stretch your entire back and your hips. This actually takes the pressure off your lower back by elongating and aligning the spine.
- Take a position like of praying with the support of your knees hip-width apart and feet together behind you.
- Now, try to lengthen your neck and spine by stating ribs away from your tailbone and the crown of your head away from your shoulders, and rest your forehead on the ground, with both arms extended out in front of you.
- Again you can hold this for posture for 3 minutes.
So above are our selective yoga poses that could be great reliefs to your knee pain, as well as the strongest way, get stronger knees. However, make sure to always seek advice from your physician before beginning any exercise.
Other Interests: Best 5 Yoga Exercises and Treatment for Constipation
We at Effective Home Remedy provide all our visitors a platform to maintain an accurate lifestyle, boost resistance and at last combat nearly all common illness by providing precise home remedies and recommendations. Our main motto is to give visitors in-depth awareness of the common illness, and ways to prevent and treat these illnesses by adapting some proven remedies from the comfort of their home.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on health tips to fight against diseases that are distressing our daily life.