We cannot predict or judge how big the ailment and disease is until we face or get suffered from it. The journey of any sick person or individual isn’t easy, rest we cannot even think what exactly that individual is going through!
We may or can show some affection or care towards a sick person; however, the real pain can only be described by those individuals who get caused by those worst diseases and painful ailments. There are divergent harmful diseases and ailments, which may start causing you at any age group now a day, and the reason behind those restless and painful days and nights could be one of our lifestyle, and diets.
Likely, something has been turned into the worst phase of life, when an individual gets to know about his/her sufferings. We have to accept that the diets and lifestyle we are living in is worst for day to day life; however, we are still trying to manage and keep ourselves to balance it. Here, the smart move you could make to your healthy life is Yoga.
“Yoga the Healer”
We may say yoga is devoted to us from thousands of year, and helping us to fight against some major diseases and also to keep us fit and healthy. From meditating technique to some amazing exercise, yoga is a multi-treatment lead.
Diseases such as cancer, anxiety, thyroid, bladder cancer, asthma, tumors, diabetes, etc can be treated by making a routine of doing a few yoga postures in our lives. Although we won’t say that yoga is the definitive treatment, but will help to have a healthy living life, where few can get cured, warded off, or get prevented.
Yoga Postures for Asthma Patients
Our today’s article is for asthma patients.”Asthma is a medical, a common long-term inflammatory disease of airways of the lungs.” If in precise, we have to brief this disease asthma, then it is all about the struggling go through the breathing process for an individual, which makes the person helpless to breathe fully and with relaxation. So, we are going to share a few yoga techniques (postures) which will help you to prevent and cure this asthma disease, and the list of 7 Yoga Postures for Asthma Patients are as below:
1) Wind Relieving Pose (Pawanmuktasana)
To start with this ‘asana’ (pose):
- Lie down flat on the yoga mat, and keep the legs and arms extended along the floor.
- While you exhale, state your right and left knee towards the chest and curl your hands around.
- Now, keeping the right knee in the position, release the left knee and start to stretch the leg back to the floor.
- Repeatedly, again you may pull both the knees towards the chest and while holding the left knee, straighten the right leg.
- Lastly, bring both the knees to the chest level and slowly extend both the legs back to the ground.
2) Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasana)
This asana help opens up the chest and lungs also lessen thyroid problem. It also improves digestion and useful for asthma patients.
To start with this pose:
- To begin with this asana, you may lay down on the mat with the support of back on the floor.
- Draw your feet inwards towards hips.
- Make sure to keep the feet and knees in the line with the hips.
- Now, with keeping arms by your side of the body, press the palms into the floor.
- On, another lift your hips up towards the sky, and try to put your palms on the lower back for support, which might be difficult.
- Keep your chin tuck into the chest, and deep breath around three times.
- Now, slowly lower your hips to come out of the posture.
3) Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
To start with this asana:
- Firstly lie down on your stomach, and place your forehead on the floor. Keep your feet together or hip part width apart.
- The feet fingers at the tops; hence feet pressing against the floor, and lift your waist and raise your head while inhaling in.
- Keep the elbows straight and put equal pressure on both palms. And slightly tilt your head back and shoulders should be in distance/ away from your eyes. Exhale, during you, are coming back to the ground.
4) Easy pose (Sukhasana)
This asana helps in treating asthma painlessly and effectively with the science of yoga. One should start practicing this to get relieved from this disease.
To start with this asana:
- To start with this asana, you may sit in a comfortable cross-legged position, with your right shin in front of your left.
- Make your posture with relaxed down positioning shoulders, and rest your hands, palm facing up, on the knees and close the eyes and focus on inhaling to a count of two and exhaling to a count of four times.
5) Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
To start with this posture:
- Lie down on yoga mat as flat on your back, just like you are sleeping. Make sure to separate your legs.
- With a relaxing mode on, keep aside your arms at your side and your palms facing up.
- During this posture, you have to close your eyes and breathe deeply and slowly through the nostrils.
- All you need to focus from your head to toe part, where will start feeling relaxing, during this only on each breathes inhaling and exhaling your tensions, stress, depression, and worry will run away on each exhaling of your breath.
6) Butterfly Pose (Baddha Konasana)
To start with this asana:
- The suffered patient should sit tall on the floor along to stating straighten legs in front of you.
- Then, fold the knees and bring the knees the heels close to your pelvic region.
- Now, touch the soles of the feet together and let your knees drop wide open on the floor. Clasp your hands around the feet and breathe rhythmically.
- One should remain in this yoga pose for 30-60 seconds.
7) Upward Plank Pose (Purvottanasana)
To start with this pose:
- To begin it within a staff pose, place your hands 2-3 inches behind the hips on a yoga mat.
- Now, bend the knees, turn your toes toward inward and drift your heels few inches away from the hips.
- During exhale, press the feet into the floor, and raise your hips upward and come into a reverse tabletop position.
- Also, keep your thighs and torso parallel to the floor and shins perpendicular.
- Straighten one leg at a time and lift your hips higher, and start tilting the head backward. You may hold this pose for 30 seconds.
Asthma is a chronic (long-term) disease of the respiratory system, which infects the lungs and the airways that carry air to and from the lungs. Asthma patient from asthma has difficulty breathing due to the constriction of these airways. Inflammation and mucus in the airways (bronchi) can make the patient wheeze.
The most common symptoms that can be seen in asthma patients are coughing (especially after a long laugh or exercise), difficulty in breathing, tightness of the chest, shortness of breath, wheezing or whistling sound when breathing. And their yoga makes sense to help you in fighting and curing asthma.
Yoga can surely help cure it. So, if you are an asthma patient, you know the trauma of constantly dreading that shortness of breath. Yoga, along with methodical medicine, is an absolute alternative to counter the asthma problem.
We at Effective Home Remedy provide all our visitors a platform to maintain an accurate lifestyle, boost resistance and at last combat nearly all common illness by providing precise home remedies and recommendations. Our main motto is to give visitors in-depth awareness of the common illness, and ways to prevent and treat these illnesses by adapting some proven remedies from the comfort of their home.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on health tips to fight against diseases that are distressing our daily life.