A healthy brain leads to healthy working. We often receive complaint dealing with headaches; which caused due to our daily work style, long hours of sitting in front laptop/ computer screens, skipping meals, high-level tensions, stressful life, intense workouts, hormonal imbalances, etc. Headaches might lead to serious diseases such as migraine which is the most disastrous pain you can live with!
Headache is such a pain which occurs in the head or upper neck or it may take place in front of your head or back portion of the head else it can be right, left, middle, etc. Headaches have no end as with its kinds it could be named as below:
- Migraine, a primary headache which often accompanied by visual disturbances!
- Tension headaches (mostly this kind of headache will people usually faces occasionally
- Cluster headaches
- Exertional headaches
- Hypnic headaches
- Medication- Overuse headaches
- Sinus headaches
- Caffeine-related headaches
- Head injury headaches
- Menstrual headaches
- Hangover headaches
You can get rid of this headache pain by implementing few home remedies such as; intake of water increase, cold compress, warm compress, removing pressure on the head, turn off lights, exercising, intake of herbal tea, good/proper sleep, acupuncture, yoga mudras, relaxation, etc.
All above ways can become a reason of your cure to headache; however we can suggest you out lying on the yoga mat can help you relieve some of the headache symptoms, and here we have our list of 5 Effective Yoga Postures to Heal Headache.
1) Padagusthasana (Big Toe Pose)
To start with the most basic pose – ‘padangusthasana’ is the asana where you have to follow a few simple steps as below to relief with your headache pain.
- Stay calm, and stand with forwarding bend, where you have to hold your toes with your hands.
- During this exercise, you will feel that your blood gushes downwards to your head, which will promote blood circulation as well as oxygen.
- You may hold your big toe with fingers of the respective side and the grip must be firm.
- Then inhale and lift the torso, and keep your elbows straight.
- You can do your exercise with an empty stomach and get the best results or after a gap of 5-6 hours, you may practice this asana.
2) Ardha Pincha Mayurasana (Dolphin Pose)
This asana is quite similar to adho mukha svanasana which will help you get rid of your headache. The only difference between both asanas is that instead of resting your body weight on your palms, it should be on elbows. With the simplest and precise method, you can do this asana with the following steps.
- While getting downwards to your hands and knees state your forearms on the mat.
- Leave both elbows shoulder-distance apart, and bring your hands together, with interlacing the fingers.
- Take your position into downward dog position and come to your tiptoes, and draw the torso and hips forward by which your chin comes into contact with your knuckles.
- Push yourself back towards your forearm downward dog and you may repeat this activity 10-20 times.
3) Paschimottasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose)
Another amazing asana which is considered one of the best yoga asanas for headache relief and the easy to do. Initial start with any asana is difficult, so we have always suggested starting any asana with proper training and then you might take or add these postures on a daily basis within your exercise list.
- To start with this, please sit up with our back straight and toes pointing outwards.
- Raise your hands over the head the stretch and breathe in during this step.
- While exhaling, start to move deeper into forwarding fold, and keep in mind to don’t let your feet or knees turn out.
- Please assure during this asana while breathing out, keep the navel close to your knees.
4) Shavasana (Corpse Pose)
When it’s a headache paining all you need to rest and get the best relaxation mode to be on, the calm surrounding and peaceful environment all you need to have!
So herewith deadly end with this headache pain, this ultimate relaxant Shavasana will boost you up with energy in a few minutes.
- Lie down on yoga mat as flat on your back, just like you are sleeping. Make sure to separate your legs.
- With a relaxing mode on, keep aside your arms at your side and your palms facing up.
- During this posture, you have to close your eyes and breathe deeply and slowly through the nostrils.
- All you need to focus from your head to toe part, where will start feeling relaxing, during this only on each breathes inhaling and exhaling your tensions, stress, depression, and worry will run away on each exhaling of your breath.
You might increase as you get a perfectionist within this asana and practice it for 3-5 minutes.
5) Supta Virasana
Is a headache related to stress? You may try this asana where you have to stretch your back and shoulders soon to release the stress.
- To start with this asana take in a high kneeling position.
- With separated wide feet enough, to sit with the support on your hips between them.
- During this make sure your knees should be stated under your hips, and hands rest on your knees.
- Now, release the buttocks and lower back by push yourself down towards your tailbone.
- And after this, you can finish reclining by going onto the floor.
Start practicing to feel the results by this amazing and effective yoga asana’s. And most importantly yoga is the exercise which will cure any of disease from its roots.
Other Interests: Effective Home Remedies for Uric Acid
We at Effective Home Remedy provide all our visitors a platform to maintain an accurate lifestyle, boost resistance and at last combat nearly all common illness by providing precise home remedies and recommendations. Our main motto is to give visitors in-depth awareness of the common illness, and ways to prevent and treat these illnesses by adapting some proven remedies from the comfort of their home.Learn more
* You will receive the latest news and updates on health tips to fight against diseases that are distressing our daily life.